All Online Issues
The range of topics covered by IET Image Processing includes the following areas related to the generation, processing and communication of visual information:
- Generation and Display – Imaging sensors and acquisition systems, illumination, sampling and scanning, quantization, colour reproduction, image rendering, display and printing systems, evaluation of image quality.
- Processing and Analysis – Image enhancement, restoration, segmentation, registration, multispectral, colour and texture processing, multiresolution processing and wavelets, morphological operations, stereoscopic and 3-D processing, motion detection and estimation, video and image sequence processing.
- Implementations and Architectures – Image and video processing hardware and software, design and construction, architectures and software, neural, adaptive, and fuzzy processing.
- Coding and Transmission – Image and video compression and coding, compression standards, noise modelling, visual information networks, streamed video.
- Retrieval and Multimedia – Storage of images and video, database design, image retrieval, video annotation and editing, mixed media incorporating visual information, multimedia systems and applications, image and video watermarking, steganography.
- Applications – Innovative application of image and video processing technologies to any field, including life sciences, earth sciences, astronomy, document processing and security.
Shape-based retrieval of industrial surface defects using angular radius Fourier descriptor, Vol.1, No.2, p.231-236
Citing this Journal
IET Image Processing is usually cited by the abbreviated title ‘IET Image Process.’ Every article in this journal is assigned a Crossref DOI, which is displayed below the article abstract.
Forthcoming Special Issues:
Author and Reader Benefits
- Worldwide readership and database coverage, including Inspec and EI Compendex
- Prompt and rigorous peer review (typically less than 16 weeks)
- Fast publication with advance online publication
- No page charges
- Online submission and tracking
- Review/survey papers freely available on the IET Digital Library for 2 years from publication
The IET Research Journals are available in print and online in advance of printed publication on the IET Digital Library. To access the full-text of articles for this journal, you will need a valid subscription to the IET Digital Library, or you can purchase individual articles by clicking the ‘Buy’ button. IET Research Journals are also available as part of the IEEE/IET Electronic Library (IEL).
What has happened to IEE Proceedings Vision, Image and Signal Processing?
Following the merger between the IEE (Institution of Electrical Engineers) and the IIE (The Institution of Incorporated Engineers) to form the Institution of Engineering and Technology, with effect from 2007, the IEE Proceedings suite of journals have changed name to reflect the fact that they are now published by the Institution of Engineering and Technology. To better serve the computer vision, image processing and signal processing communities, IEE Proceedings Vision, Image and Signal Processing has split into 3 brand new titles from 2007; IET Image Processing, IET Signal Processing and IET Computer Vision. IEE Proceedings Vision, Image and Signal Processing ceased publication at the end of 2006.
IET Image Processing starts from Volume 1, Issue 1 from March 2007 onwards. All other benefits of publishing in the journal, including our worldwide readership and database coverage, remain unchanged.
Online subscribers to IET Image Processing can also access all backfile issues of IEE Proceedings Vision, Image and Signal Processing from 1994-2006 as part of their current online subscription.